Friday, February 10, 2012

Maryland SSM

I've watched the testimony proceedings pretty closely today, only missing around 25 minutes for a work call.

Every argument I've heard in favor of same sex marriage in Maryland has been coherent, heartfelt, and reasonable.

Every argument I've heard against it has been incoherent, logically improper, sometimes heartfelt, religiously motivated, and discriminatory. This isn't counting the ones that are just plain ignorant.

And I LOVE the ex-gay people. Even if they are being totally honest about their particular histories in "the gay lifestyle," and I think it is actually possible that some are, their conclusions don't make sense. Their arguments tend to be exactly the same as the other anti-SSM people, except the ex-gay people try to use their ex-gayness as some sort of invocation of authority.

If the argument is essentially the same, does it matter what your background is?

No comments:

Post a Comment